none
DPInst /L command-line switch localization RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to install a device driver (.inf) from my installer. The installer accepts a command line argument to localize to a set of languages. From what I have read, the MultiLin DPInst application supports all the languages I need. The problem is I cannot seem to get the DPInst to display in any language other than English.

I have tried: DPInst.exe /L 0x401 as well as several other language codes that are supported and the dialogs and wizards always display in English.

I did find this comment:
    "The /L command-line switch is provided for testing purposes only and does not work for all circumstances. For example, if support for the specified language is not installed in the Windows operating system, the installation will fail. Review the DPInst log file for information about why an installation failed."

But this says it would just fail. Mine still runs, but in English. I can't expect that all users will have all supported languages configured on their computers.

Any thoughts on this? If this is not possible via DPInst, is there another tool or another way someone could recommend for programmatically installing a .inf?

Thanks

Thursday, March 26, 2015 11:55 PM

All replies

• yes, you should use devcon or even better, embed DIFxAPI.dll (from the WDK redist) and call DriverPackagePreinstall (see https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff544817(v=vs.85).aspx) 

best regards,

Thursday, April 2, 2015 3:14 PM