none
how to bind openXML feed data to word template using content control tool kit 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need some clear information about Content control tool kit. I have created word document with content controls & generated custom XML using VS2010 C# & used feeddata command.

When i open the generated file in Content control kit Edit Menu, I could able to see all values which are generated using C#. But binding is not done.

what are all the steps need to be followed to bind custom XML generated by using C#.

Note: I tried drag & drop in the generated file. It works for that file. but when i generate again, no data displayed.

Thanks

Monday, May 28, 2012 1:47 PM

Answers

• Hi Dharnima,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

It seems that you aren't able to use feeddata to bind data of xml to contentcontrol. you need creat a customxmlpart first like that:

public void CreateCustomXmlPropertiesPart(CustomXmlPropertiesPart part)
            {
                GeneratePartContent(part);

}

// Generates content of part.
            private void GeneratePartContent(CustomXmlPropertiesPart part)
            {
                Ds.DataStoreItem dataStoreItem1 = new Ds.DataStoreItem(){ ItemId = "{ed74cdc0-5d4c-4101-998a-973e14a3540a}" };
                dataStoreItem1.AddNamespaceDeclaration("ds", "http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/officeDocument/2006/customXml");

part.DataStoreItem = dataStoreItem1;
            }

Then use databinding in sdtblock:

DataBinding dataBinding1 = new DataBinding(){ XPath = "/root[1]/combo[1]/item[1]", StoreItemId = "{ed74cdc0-5d4c-4101-998a-973e14a3540a}" };
                SdtProperties sdtProperties1 = new SdtProperties();
                sdtProperties1.Append(dataBinding1);

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 2:20 AM