MS365 - max send/receive mailbox setting, prohibit opening mailbox in OWA + new calendaritems won't create when using outlook client. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I'm new to this forum, so I hope you can help me with the folowing:

Situation: We have a MS365 environment where we set up a shared mailbox for calendar-only purposes. For this we had set the MaxSendSize and MaxReceiveSize to 0kb, because the mailbox shouldn't be able to send or receive e-mails.

The problem is, when we set MaxSendSize and MaxReceiveSize users who are member of this shared mailbox (full-access rights) can't create appointments in the calendar when they are using the Outlook-cliënt on their Windows 10 machine. When they login to their own OWA environment, and use the online-calendar function there it's no problem at all.

But when they try to open the shared mailbox itself (via account --> open another mailbox), the user can't open the mailbox because they receive an error message:

Something went wrong
    This message couldn't be sent because it exceeds the maximum size allowed.
    cId: 6C69CC6926C04F85809E44371022FDD5
    app: Calendar
    st: 500
    reqid: null
    wsver: 15.20.3391.11
    efe: DB7PR03CA0108
    ebe: DB8PR09MB4202
    et: ServerError
    esrc: SessionData
    err: Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.MessageSubmissionExceededException
    estack: Microsoft.Mapi.MapiExceptionMaxSubmissionExceeded

We changed the MaxSendSize and MaxReceiveSize back to the origional settings, and users are now able again to write calendar appointments from their Outlook-client in Windows 10 to this shared mailbox, as well they can open the shared mailbox (as another mailbox) in the OWA environment.

My question is: how can members create appointments in the calendar via the Outlook-cliënt in Windows 10 but prohibit this mailbox to send/receive e-mails?

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, September 15, 2020 1:06 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You could try using transport rule to meet your requirement.

Please note that, this Exchange Server Development forum mainly focuses on scripting issues, And the previous TechNet Exchange forum has been migrated to Q&A forum, please post your issues there if you need further support. 

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 25, 2020 8:25 AM