Cannot retrieve data thru webservice RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Im just a newbie here HV and I'm creating a sample webservice which is connected in my HV test account.

Im trying to replicate the HelloWorld sample in the SDK in separate project and used the WebApplicationUtilities.PageOnPreLoad(Context, true) to load the personinfo. When trying to use the Basic basic = GetSingleValue<Basic>(Basic.TypeId), im getting NULL results. But if I add this webservice inside the HelloWorld sample, its works fine. What maybe the cause of this?

Monday, September 29, 2008 6:47 AM

Answers

• In the web caes, HealthServicePage handles the handshakes and redirects that let the platform validate both the application and the user. If you don't have the user interaction, there's no user validation and you can't access any data.

You can get around this with offline mode, assuming the user is willing to grant offline access to the specific data types you need in your scenario.

There's an example of how to do this here.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 4:02 PM

All replies

• Jan,

Can you explain a little bit more about your scenario, and what you're trying to build?

Monday, September 29, 2008 5:47 PM
  • Hi,

Just for testing purposes.... basically I just want to replicate the helloword methods (e.g: GetSingleValue) and expose it via webservice in a separate project or layer.

Because HealthServicePage is not accessible in webservice, im using WebApplicationUtilities.PageOnPreLoad.

Thanks.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 6:14 AM
  • In the web caes, HealthServicePage handles the handshakes and redirects that let the platform validate both the application and the user. If you don't have the user interaction, there's no user validation and you can't access any data.

You can get around this with offline mode, assuming the user is willing to grant offline access to the specific data types you need in your scenario.

There's an example of how to do this here.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 4:02 PM
  • Hi Jan,

I've found your question here. Did you complete this sample? I am also working on webservice that should coonnect to HV.
    May be you have sample that you can share?

Nadya
    Monday, August 3, 2009 8:04 AM