none
Low Depth Framerate 15fps RRS feed

• Question

• Something changed on my machine recently--between upgrading to Windows 10, VS2017, OpenCL SDK, ...--that borked my Kinect installation.

Using the Kinect for Windows SDK, my app displays RGB just fine at 30 fps, but depth is coming off of the camera at 15 fps.

When I run Kinect v2 Configuration Verifier, the details for Verify Kinect Depth and Color Streams show both streams just fine, but the FPS is listed as 14 or 15. It claims the Result is "Insufficient frame rate detected from Kinect".

I tried restarting, uninstalling and reinstalling the Kinect driver, and uninstalling and reinstalling the Kinect for Windows SDK. 

RGB, IR, and Depth streams look fine, my power settings are maxed, and my CPU load, memory, and disk loads are minimal. I've tried multiple USB3.0 ports and multiple Kinect cameras, but all exhibit the same behavior.

Is there some sort of global frame rate setting I don't know about? Any clue as to what can cause the camera to stream depth at exactly half rate???

Friday, March 31, 2017 8:20 PM