none
Outlook REST API in Oulook 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to ask you about outlook rest API in the Office Outlook 2016, Is it available in outlook 2016 or just in office 365? and if it's available how I can configure it and expose the service?

The below link for office365

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/office/office365/api/use-outlook-rest-api

Regards,

Monday, August 29, 2016 7:32 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Outlook Rest API is developer related. This is the forum for outlook IT pro problems. To better help you about this question, I will move your thread to Office 365 for Developers forum.

Best Regards,

Lynn-Li
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Lynn-Li Tuesday, August 30, 2016 9:41 AM
    Tuesday, August 30, 2016 9:39 AM
  • It will be good idea to start with the following resource: REST API Getting Started .

The following paragraph describes availability of the service:

REST API availability

The REST API is currently enabled on all Office 365 accounts that have Exchange Online, and some Outlook.com accounts. Microsoft accounts with Outlook.com mailboxes (including Outlook.com, Hotmail.com, Live.com, MSN.com, and Passport.com) are in the process of being upgraded to enable the REST APIs. During this process, making API calls to mailboxes that are not yet upgraded will return a MailboxNotEnabledForRESTAPI or MailboxNotSupportedForRESTAPI error code.

If you want to use the REST APIs with your existing Outlook.com mailbox and you are receiving a MailboxNotEnabledForRESTAPI or MailboxNotSupportedForRESTAPI error code, your account has not yet been upgraded. Rest assured that your account will be upgraded in a future batch. In the meantime, you can sign up for a new account here. All new accounts are enabled for the REST API immediately!

Hope this helps,

Slava Ivanov

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 8:11 PM