none
touch screen not designed for win 8 RRS feed

• Question

• just installed wcp build 8400 from windows web site. during the initial check the software printed a warning that my Samsung tablet has touch screen that is not designed for win 8. it also mentioned that it would help me "correct" / remedy this problem.

first of all...  what does this message means? I have the Samsung tab given away at the build conference last year. I thought they were designed for win 8.

second of all...  what can be done? does anything need to be done?

now the touch screen seems to have sensitivity problems...  or sometimes it does not react to touch....  however, it always reacts to pen.

any idea?

Friday, June 1, 2012 5:23 AM

All replies

• Delete all files in the slate, and reinstall win8 RP
    Monday, June 4, 2012 1:22 PM
  • There is a bios setting that changes this - basically it means that it cannot dectect the 0-pixel edge.  What ends up happening is that if you install without fixing it, it will create a border around your screen to give it a false 0-pixel to dectect edge swipes.

Ryan

Monday, June 4, 2012 6:22 PM
  • thanks Ryan. do you know what is the bios setting? I would like to try it.

on the same note...  I thought that the "calibration tool" for pen and touch would do the same job by telling the OS where the edges are.

I've done it, and it only made things worse...  the edge swipes were not detected at all.... both... pen and touch swipes were lost.

I ended up resetting the calibration results and the edge swipes came back.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 1:32 PM
  • I believe it is the "CSM" setting it has something to do with compatibility.

Ryan

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 4:12 PM