Automation testing using coded ui in VB.net RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am Learning to write test cases in Coded UI through hard code using VB.net. And Am i write/ Record test cases for desktop application in Coded UI through hard code/Record & Playback using VB Scripting? As of my knowledge scripting is used for web applications.

Could you please give brief description related to this.

Thanks & Regards

Gousiya Sultana Shaik

Friday, September 19, 2014 10:25 AM

Answers

• Hi Gousiya,

You can't use VBScript out of the box.

To create a Coded UI project from scratch, or to generate one, you have to use an existing Visual Studio project template. Currently (VS 2013) there are only templates: 

• New Project>Installed>Templates>Visual C# or
    • New Project>Installed>Templates>Other Languages>Visual Basic

Notice that there is no project template of type "Test" under JavaScript nor TypeScript, and there not even a project template of type "VBScript".

That said, if you already know VBScript then you could continue trying to adapt to using VB.Net syntax, which enhances and extends VBScript with the advantage of being a strong-typed language (hence less run-time type mismatch errors), with debugging and object oriented features.

Clementino de Mendonça ALM Ranger

Friday, September 19, 2014 3:14 PM

All replies

• Hi Gousiya,

You can't use VBScript out of the box.

To create a Coded UI project from scratch, or to generate one, you have to use an existing Visual Studio project template. Currently (VS 2013) there are only templates: 

• New Project>Installed>Templates>Visual C# or
    • New Project>Installed>Templates>Other Languages>Visual Basic

Notice that there is no project template of type "Test" under JavaScript nor TypeScript, and there not even a project template of type "VBScript".

That said, if you already know VBScript then you could continue trying to adapt to using VB.Net syntax, which enhances and extends VBScript with the advantage of being a strong-typed language (hence less run-time type mismatch errors), with debugging and object oriented features.

Clementino de Mendonça ALM Ranger

Friday, September 19, 2014 3:14 PM
  • Thank You Clementino
    Sunday, September 21, 2014 4:00 AM