none
mage -update test.application - UNRECOGNIZED FILE TYPE ERROR on XP machine RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am writing a batch file to sign the manifest files to simplify for the user. When  i run the batch file on XP machine the error is "Unrecognized file type" but when the same batch file is run on Windows 7 machine it runs smoothly. Has anybody faced this issue?

The Mage tool version is 4.0.30319.1. 

Simplified version of the batch file

mage -update "Application_Files\TEST_1_0_0_1\TEST.exe.manifest"
     mage -Sign "Application_Files\TEST_1_0_0_1\TEST.exe.manifest" -CertFile "some.pfx" -Password dd04
     mage -update TEST.Application -AppManifest "Application_Files\TEST_1_0_0_1\TEST.exe.manifest"   - ERROR HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
     mage -sign TEST.Application -CertFile "some.pfx" -Password dd04
     mage -cc

Thanks!
    • Edited by siddkathya Tuesday, July 10, 2012 5:37 PM
    Tuesday, July 10, 2012 5:36 PM

Answers

• Never mind.  I was able to run it on another XP machine without problem.  They are identical machines as far as I know.  ANyway, i don't have time to find the diff b/w the 2 machines now.  Got to get the Application package out the door ASAP!!

Thanks!

• Marked as answer by siddkathya Tuesday, July 10, 2012 7:01 PM
    Tuesday, July 10, 2012 7:00 PM

All replies

• Never mind.  I was able to run it on another XP machine without problem.  They are identical machines as far as I know.  ANyway, i don't have time to find the diff b/w the 2 machines now.  Got to get the Application package out the door ASAP!!

Thanks!

• Marked as answer by siddkathya Tuesday, July 10, 2012 7:01 PM
    Tuesday, July 10, 2012 7:00 PM
  • Hi Siddkathya,

Thank you for sharing your solution here.

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, July 16, 2012 3:40 AM