Biztalk SAP Request-Response Idoc Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Well I see a weird behavior, this is a request response implementation between Biztalk & SAP.

BTS sends Idoc to SAP and receive Idoc as response from SAP. Both request & response uses the same RFC connection configured in BTS Send Port and Recieve Location.

The behavior I observe is for the responses which is coming from SAP is usually taking over 10hrs, which ideally used to come earlier within a minute or so. So I should say its latency or something else ?

As far as troubleshooting goes, everything looks to be OK on the BTS side , as well as the SAP team confirms that all configurations on their side seems OK. but there are Errors found on the SAP side when Opening a RFC connection. Timeout during allocate of registered program. The registered program busy for more than 60 sec. Return code 677.

On the other hand, I have also noticed that, on every restart of the host instance under which BTS application is running, one response comes up in BTS.

Not able to understand this behavior w.r.t SAP RFC and correlate it. Or the issue is at Biztalk end ?

Looking for some help on understanding what's happening in there.

Thanks

Vivek

Sunday, February 28, 2016 2:39 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Vivek,

Thank you for posting on MSDN forum.

Return Code 677 is more related to SAP connection error and I would suggest to connect with SAP consultant to understand the error in details. 

And when you restart the host instance under which BTS application is running, have you check in event viewer for more details, i.e. any information logged there? Please check and confirm.

Thanks,

If my reply is helpful please mark as Answer or vote as Helpful.

My blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Sunday, February 28, 2016 5:06 AM
  • Hi Vivek

What version of BizTalk are you using?

Have you applied the latest cumulative update? Refer: FIX: WCF-SAP adapter receive location freezes under heavy load when it works as a tRFC server

If you have can you try increasing the value of the property receiveTimeOut in binding section to '24.20:31:23.6470000'

Refer: WCF SAP Adapter “Gotchas”

Rachit Sikroria (Microsoft Azure MVP)

Sunday, February 28, 2016 5:11 AM

• Thanks Kamlesh for replying.

SAP team is doing their separate investigation. The point is to correlate events happening between BTS-SAP, when I restart the host and get a response in less than 5 min. Otherwise it takes hours to get response.

I do see a warning and error in eventvwr which says everytime I restart the host is

The adapter "WCF-Custom" raised an error message. Details "System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'sapnco, Version=3.0.0.42, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=50436dca5c7f7d23' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    File name: 'sapnco, Version=3.0.0.42, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=50436dca5c7f7d23'
       at Microsoft.Adapters.SAP.TypedIdocBodyWriter.Dispose()

Thanks

Vivek

Sunday, February 28, 2016 7:30 PM
  • Thanks Rachit,

I am using BTS 2013 R2. I could see Biztalk Adapter pack version 3.5.8029.0 is installed. This is SIT server and there are other 60 BTS applications running too. So I have less control over there.

The property receiveTimeout is already set to '24.20:31:23.6470000'.

Sunday, February 28, 2016 7:37 PM
  • Are you using BizTalk 2013R2 and installed recently made available Cumulative update 2 on your servers?

You have to refer to this article and it explains the reason why you are facing this issue.

BizTalk 2013 R2 CU2 causes WCF-SAP adapter failure - sapnco - System.IO.FileNotFoundException Could not load file or assembly

"The SAP .NET Connector 3.0   must be downloaded from the SAP Marketplace and installed on all BizTalk nodes running the WCF-SAP adapter. This functionality can be seen via the sapBinding of the BizTalk WCF-SAP adapter."

Rachit Sikroria (Microsoft Azure MVP)

Sunday, February 28, 2016 7:39 PM
  • I think this needs an account with SAP Marketplace to download the SAP .Net Connector 3.0.

I could see SAP.Nco.dll under BiztalkAdapter pack bin folder with version 3.5.8054.2

Also in Port binding propety>>connectionType >> I could see an option nco apart from classicRfc.

Sunday, February 28, 2016 8:23 PM
  • Hi,

For the recent WCF-SAP adapter the connection type property have been added to support both NCO and ClassicRfc.

What did you choose?

Please refer the below blog for more information

https://gautambiztalkblog.com/2016/01/29/sap-net-connectornco-in-biztalk-server/

JB

Sunday, February 28, 2016 9:21 PM
  • Hi

We are using classicRFC.

Sunday, February 28, 2016 11:33 PM
  • Sunday, March 13, 2016 2:28 PM