Get Adobe flash player image displaying while executing the test project on my application which contains Flash control RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am doing performance testing on my application and my application has Flash player, when I record it is excluding the flash player and displaying the Get Adobe Flash Player image during execution.

Do I have to add any references in order to get this flash player test. Is VSTS 2010 supports Flash objects test?

Configuration : VSTS 2010, Browsers : IE 8.0, FF 3.*, OS : Win XP

Can Someone please help me.

Thanks

Thursday, November 11, 2010 11:37 AM

Answers

•  

The browser preview in the Web test result viewer does not run java script nor host plugins ( which is by design) so it does not look correct. Even if it looks like the page failed, in fact at the HTTP layer it is correct.

see this post for a little more info:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vstswebtest/thread/b0e1eb86-0cbc-4025-a2cd-23b63f49e92a

Tim
    Thursday, November 11, 2010 7:11 PM
  • Hello,

As Tim mentioned above, about this issue, you should verify the response to see if it is what you desire, the web test result window will not execute any client script or active-x plug-in as browser did.

Thanks.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Friday, November 12, 2010 6:04 AM

All replies

•  

The browser preview in the Web test result viewer does not run java script nor host plugins ( which is by design) so it does not look correct. Even if it looks like the page failed, in fact at the HTTP layer it is correct.

see this post for a little more info:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vstswebtest/thread/b0e1eb86-0cbc-4025-a2cd-23b63f49e92a

Tim
    Thursday, November 11, 2010 7:11 PM
  • Hello,

As Tim mentioned above, about this issue, you should verify the response to see if it is what you desire, the web test result window will not execute any client script or active-x plug-in as browser did.

Thanks.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Friday, November 12, 2010 6:04 AM