How to improve the cloud service performance in widows azure? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi to All,

Presently my  cloud application is running in staging(testing) environment  in windows azure.i want to release my application to market,but before that i want to come out of this performance issues and my application details are,

Cloud Services =============> West US

Storage Account ============> West US

Database Server ===========> North Central US

VM(Virtual Machine) Size =====> Small

here my cloud service and storage in one location and Database Server in another location.is that any effects on application performance?

and one more thing am using the one web role with one instance in my application.

I want to change VM Size from Small to Medium and number of instance  from 1 to 4 in application.now what my queries are,

1)I changed VM size and instance count and run the application with Visual studio before deployed .that changes will effects on my application or not?if not after deployed will it effect when run the application with Cisual Studio? and

Can you suggest me what changes will i do for improving my application performance before releasing to market?

Thanks in advance,

PCSSCP.

• Edited by PCSSCP Tuesday, February 26, 2013 9:24 AM more information
    Tuesday, February 26, 2013 9:02 AM

Answers

• here my cloud service and storage in one location and Database Server in another location.is that any effects on application performance?

Hi,

This realy depends on how much your application communicates with the database. If you are making a lot of database calls then there will be increased latency in the application. There will also be billing on the data transfer between the two data centers. If you can, it would be good to host the database in the same datacenter as the other services.

It should be fairly easy to set up another database in the West US datacenter, and test to see any differences in application performance.

Regards,

Alan

Free e-book: Windows Azure Service Bus Developer Guide.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 9:39 AM

All replies

• here my cloud service and storage in one location and Database Server in another location.is that any effects on application performance?

Hi,

This realy depends on how much your application communicates with the database. If you are making a lot of database calls then there will be increased latency in the application. There will also be billing on the data transfer between the two data centers. If you can, it would be good to host the database in the same datacenter as the other services.

It should be fairly easy to set up another database in the West US datacenter, and test to see any differences in application performance.

Regards,

Alan

Free e-book: Windows Azure Service Bus Developer Guide.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 9:39 AM
  • Hi to All,

Now i created a new server in West US location and now my application performance good.

Thanks ,

PCSSCP.

Monday, March 4, 2013 11:12 AM