none
WSUS error 800B0001 Only affects WSUS RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I am new to this forum but I have a question

I am receiving the error 800B0001 only on my x86 Win7 Pro install. This happens ONLY when I am using WSUS but if I check for updates from the internet, it works fine. WSUS is configured the same on my x64 Win7 box and my test x64 Win7 virtual box. Do you guys have any idea what is causing this only on the x86 Windows7 Pro when using wsus but not checking from internet?

I am not sure where this should go but the keys for these installs are from MSDN.

Thanks for any help.

Monday, June 11, 2012 9:51 PM

Answers

• I had the same error - reason was that the WSUS server did not yet have the latest update, while the client already had it. The new client doesn't trust the old (unupdated) servers.
    • Marked as answer by Mike211192 Tuesday, June 12, 2012 8:23 PM
    • Edited by svhelden Monday, June 18, 2012 5:34 AM typo
    Tuesday, June 12, 2012 12:23 PM

All replies

• I had the same error - reason was that the WSUS server did not yet have the latest update, while the client already had it. The new client doesn't trust the old (unupdated) servers.
    • Marked as answer by Mike211192 Tuesday, June 12, 2012 8:23 PM
    • Edited by svhelden Monday, June 18, 2012 5:34 AM typo
    Tuesday, June 12, 2012 12:23 PM
  • alright, thanks for the reply.

So if I force update the server and make sure it is completely up to date and then force update the client as well, this should restore trust and fix the error?

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 12:41 PM
  • I had the same error - reason was that the WSUS server did not yes have the latest update, while the client already had it. The new client doesn't trust the old (unupdated) servers.

That answer was 100% correct! I tried around 30 other ideas found on different sites and you answered it in just over 1 line!

Thanks tremendously!

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 8:23 PM
  • How do you get your WSUS server to have the latest update?  Mine is running version 3.2.
    Tuesday, August 21, 2012 2:49 PM
  • Great question. I am having this problem as well and can't figure out how to fix it! It's driving me up the wall. Maybe Mike211192 will help point us in the right direction and let us know how to confirm the server has the latest update (which update??).

-- Chance Evans

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 9:09 PM
  • svhelden, what exactly does this mean? Which update needs to be applied to the WSUS server? Are we talking about Windows Updates being applied to the box WSUS runs on, or is there an update to WSUS that needs to be applied? Please help! Thanks.

-- Chance Evans

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 9:11 PM
  • There was a new version of the Windows Update Agent that was installed on clients by WSUS, but WSUS did not know this new agent version. There was a patch for the WSUS server too that was required. But since client updates were applied immediately and server updates only on weekend, there was a mismatch.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 8:09 AM
  • I know this is an old issue, but I thought I'd point out that I was able to install updates on a WSUS server with this problem using the PSWindowsUpdate Powershell module.

Hope that helps.

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 8:59 PM