none
Plug In malfunctions after Office 2016 Update RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Last week we've updated our Office 2016 using the Auto Update feature.

Apparently, a lot of our customers did the same.

Right after the update we began to receive a lot of complaints about our plug-in functionality. Some controls did not display, other shows up strangely, and in general - the whole thing is a mess.

Any ideas why did it happen? What can I do to avoid these problems?

Thanks,

Memi

Sunday, April 29, 2018 2:10 PM

All replies

• Hello Memi,

Could you please be more specific? Did you try to debug the code?

I don't see anything strange with Office COM add-ins.

profile for Eugene Astafiev at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

Sunday, April 29, 2018 3:05 PM
  • Hi ti123,

Could you provide more specific information about your Office 2016?
    e.g. version, build and architecture (32-bit, 64-bit)

Regards,

Ashidacchi -- http://hokusosha.com/

Monday, April 30, 2018 12:20 AM
  • Hi ti123,

For which Application you develop this VSTO Add in?

I try to made a test on my side with ribbons and I find that controls appear properly.

Which kind of functionality your add in provides.

Can you post the picture of your add in before and after installing the updates.

If you are not allowed to post the image then try to post on any free image sharing site and post the link here as simple text.

We will try to visit the link and try to check for the issue on our side.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 30, 2018 2:51 AM
  • Hi,

This is a VSTO add in for Word.

The version is:

Version 1804 (Build 9226.2114 Click-to-Run)

The problem is that controls added dynamically to FlowLayoutPanel are not displayed.

You can see the difference clearly in those screenshots.

The left one is from a 16.0.4266, and everything works perfectly.

The right one is from the latest version. You can see that there is only one control in the panel, and a lot of empty space.

Both the versions run the very same add in.

Thanks!

Monday, April 30, 2018 6:52 PM
  • Hi ti123,

You had mentioned that,"The problem is that controls added dynamically to FlowLayoutPanel are not displayed"

Can you post a sample code, We will try to check your code on our side to reproduce the issue.

At present, I suggest you to inform your customers to remove the latest updates and move back to last working updates.

If it is specific update related issue then we cannot correct it using code.

After testing your code, If there is no solution available for this issue then you need to wait for next update. It is possible that in next update issue get solved.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 1, 2018 1:55 AM
  • I found the problem, and it's really a strange one.

It looks like whenever I'm adding a User Control to a FlowLayoutPanel, and this user control has one or more controls in it set to Visible=false, it goes nuts.

When I changed it to Height=0 instead of Visible=false, everything returned to normal.

Needless to say, it worked flawlessly for two years, so I'm sure the problem is with the Office update.

Tuesday, May 1, 2018 3:11 PM
  • Hi ti123,

I can see that when you changed Height=0 instead of Visible=false, everything returned to normal.

I suggest you to use this work around temporarily and wait for the new update.

Issue will be fix in new updates.

if you are available with Outlook Insider then you can provide feedback directly to Office developers.

Outlook Insider has this feature to provide feedback.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, May 2, 2018 1:45 AM