none
Code Analysis and Code Metrics analize only administrative code or other languages

Question

• Hi

I am not sure, if Code Analysis and Code Metrics of Visual Studio analize only: administrative code.

If it is correct, how can I analize javascript, css, xml, html and others... 

Thursday, May 12, 2016 10:06 PM

Answers

• Hi neonash,

As far as I know, the code analyze tool supports the items:

• .NET Framework, native (C and C++)
    • Database applications.

it is not available for JavaScript code.

So maybe you could think about other tools:

https://www.jetbrains.com/help/resharper/2016.1/Code_Analysis__Index.html?origin=old_help

A similar thread I met before:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/e4f46635-ee95-46ab-a563-69c5eb28736e/how-to-perform-code-analysis-for-javascriptcssconfig-files?forum=vsdebug

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you.

Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites;

Therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there.

There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by neonash Wednesday, May 18, 2016 5:05 AM
    Saturday, May 14, 2016 7:32 AM
  • Code Analysis is for only Managed Code

And index Maintainability is only for Managed Code

I used Reshaper for analize my code, at the same time I 'm developing, it's a goos tool.

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 5:05 AM

All replies

• Hi neonash,

As far as I know, the code analyze tool supports the items:

• .NET Framework, native (C and C++)
    • Database applications.

it is not available for JavaScript code.

So maybe you could think about other tools:

https://www.jetbrains.com/help/resharper/2016.1/Code_Analysis__Index.html?origin=old_help

A similar thread I met before:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/e4f46635-ee95-46ab-a563-69c5eb28736e/how-to-perform-code-analysis-for-javascriptcssconfig-files?forum=vsdebug

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you.

Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites;

Therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there.

There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Saturday, May 14, 2016 7:32 AM
  • Code Analysis is for only Managed Code

And index Maintainability is only for Managed Code

I used Reshaper for analize my code, at the same time I 'm developing, it's a goos tool.

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 5:05 AM