none
Can extensions for Visual Studio Code be used in Visual Studio Community Edition?

Question

• In particular I'm interested in the Visual Studio Code vscode-go plugin for the Golang, as well as the VS Code VSCodeVim extension that allows VIM-like editor in VC Code, but I'd also like the fuller features of VS Community.

But Google searches haven't been clear about the compatibility of the extensions. Any experience?

Thanks,

Paul

Thursday, April 20, 2017 4:44 PM

All replies

• Hi Paul,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

The VSCodeVim is a Visual Studio Code extension that enables Vim keybindings, which means this extension only available to the VS Code version, not the Visual Studio.

After research, I found there is an extension VsVim and it is a Vim Emulation layer for Visual Studio 2010 and above.  It integrates the familiar key binding experience of Vim directly into Visual Studio's editor. And it works with Visual Studio 2012, 2013, 2015, 2017, please have a look at this extension and check if it matches your requirement or not.

If it is not the one that you need, you can also file a User Voice to the VS Product Team: https://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio-ide?query=VS%20hide%20retired%20methods and suggest them to develop the similar extension for VS version. If so, please share the link of this user voice and some other community members who have the same idea will vote it and know the progress, thank you for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 21, 2017 6:14 AM