none
Problem while using custom orchestration for batching RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I am implementing an customorchestration to batch EDI files.I will be picking up a xml message generated by dropping a flatfile throughthe pipeline and and i am looping through the file and i am implemeting my map and promoting the required EDI properties for thebatch release like EDI.tobebatched=True,EDI.DestinationPartyId and EDI.encoding type.I am having a send port directly binded and another send port in the adminconsole with filter EDI.Tobebatched to False.I also created a batch in parties .But when i pick the file through the orchestration i am getting an error message Exception occurred when persisting state to the database and no subscribers found.But i checked everything and everything is up and running.

Is there anything that i can change so that i can get my batched edi file released.

Thanks

sri

Thursday, February 16, 2012 3:11 AM

All replies

• I don't have EDI/AS2 installed, but one thing that might shed some light is if you have a non custom EDI batching solution up and running and you submit a message with the EDI Batching Orchestration disabled, the message should be suspended.  This will allow you to check all of the promoted EDI related properties... make sure all the EDI properties in your custom solution match.

HTH

David Downing... If this answers your question, please Mark as the Answer. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

Thursday, February 16, 2012 4:38 AM
  • David i just checked the way you suggested the properties which i need are not being promoted

sri

Thursday, February 16, 2012 1:40 PM
  • How are you activating the trigger.
    Thursday, February 16, 2012 4:36 PM
  • Sriaug i am doing a time based batching just created a batch definition in the parties and releasing for 2 mins.Is there any better way to achieve this

sri

Thursday, February 16, 2012 5:11 PM
  • i have also created a custom batching for my current project ......I have almost same setup as you.......but i am releasing the trigger using external release trigger... and also my batching will create output with multiple ST and SE under one ISA Segment...

I saw your previous problem also batching problem where you was having problem with time based bacting...you can also release the trigger using external release trigger....for tht you need to write a custom code to trigger the mechanism....

Let me know if you need any more help in this.

• Edited by sriaug Thursday, February 16, 2012 5:35 PM
    Thursday, February 16, 2012 5:16 PM
  • Hey can you please help me out with this kind of batching i need to implement the same mechanism.By using

external release trigger and need to get all the ST and SE under one ISA

Thanks

sri

• Edited by BTS_LEARNER Thursday, February 16, 2012 7:38 PM
    Thursday, February 16, 2012 7:36 PM
  • I am not able to Understand that clearly Is there anyway that i can get little clear explanation or description of images and

the code.sorry for the trouble

sri

Thursday, February 16, 2012 8:45 PM
  • hey wats your mail id...i will forward the orchestration  to  your mail..may be then you will understand better...its very simple....

• Edited by sriaug Thursday, February 16, 2012 8:48 PM
    Thursday, February 16, 2012 8:48 PM
  • My scenario is i will be receiving a flatfile.I will be generating the xml and that will be picked by the orchestration and then i need to loop through the xml and split each message and apply my map and then release the batch under one ISA.

Is that what you are doing in the orchestration

sri

Thursday, February 16, 2012 8:49 PM
  • No in my orchestration....you will put multiple EDI file.....Then it will batch multiple EDI into one ISA segment

what does it mean loop through the xml and split each message...On what basis it is spliting the message.....And in map are you converting into edi files...

• Edited by sriaug Thursday, February 16, 2012 8:52 PM
    Thursday, February 16, 2012 8:50 PM
  • ya in the map it will be converted into edi files.My incoming xml will have a record  called Payments .I am writing an xpath to count the number of the records of payments and looping through it .In the loop i am writing another code to splitthe xml into individual transactions and then applying my map i am getting the correct map output till then but i am having a problem there after to implement the batch release.

sri

• Edited by BTS_LEARNER Thursday, February 16, 2012 8:55 PM
    Thursday, February 16, 2012 8:55 PM
  • Ok i got it.....

In that case once you map conevrt it to the EDI you can send it to some location.....

From there my Batching orchestration will receive it and batch it into one file under single ISA......

Thursday, February 16, 2012 8:59 PM
  • But thats not edi format files that is the xml for edi files will that work in that case.

sri

Thursday, February 16, 2012 9:02 PM