none
How to share app data after enabling ApplicationManagement/AllowSharedUserAppData policy? RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to test the ApplicationManagement/AllowSharedUserAppData policy through my MDM service. I have used the following SyncML to push the policy into a Windows 10 (version 1703) device:

<SyncML xmlns="SYNCML:SYNCML1.2"><SyncHdr></SyncHdr><SyncBody><Sequence><CmdID>InstallProfile;Collection=302;Type=Root</CmdID><Atomic><CmdID>AppMgmtProfile;Atomic</CmdID><Replace><CmdID>AppMgmtProfileReplace;Atomic</CmdID><Item><Target><LocURI>./Vendor/MSFT/Policy/Config/ApplicationManagement/AllowSharedUserAppData</LocURI></Target><Data>1</Data><Meta><Format>int</Format></Meta></Item></Replace></Atomic></Sequence></SyncBody></SyncML>

The device responded a 200.
    However, I am not able to test the working of this policy.

Does the setting  "Allow a Windows apps to share application data between Users" in the Group Policy Editor (under Computer Configuration>>Administrative Templates>>Windows Components>>App Package Deployment) have any relevance to this policy? Note that it was still listed as 'Not configured' even after pushing the above SyncML.

Is there any other way to test the working of this policy?

The ApplicationManagement/AllowSharedUserAppData policy documentation states that this policy specifies whether "multiple users of the same app can share data"

Does this work for all Windows apps? or only on the apps that are specifically configured to share data between multiple users? If it's the latter are there any examples of such apps? 
    Also how do I access this shared data through the app? or how do I share data to other users through the app? In short, How do I test the working of this policy?

Has anybody else used this policy?

Thursday, September 21, 2017 2:57 PM