Wi-Fi direct questions

Question

• Hi! Sir,

I would like to ask some questions related to Wi-Fi direct.

1. As I knew, Wi-Fi direct is a requirement of Wi-Fi device in Win 8. I would like to know how to turn on/off Wi-Fi direct functionality. Or, is it turned on by default? I had tried to find the device with Wi-Fi direct capability via Add device of Control Panel using two NB machines installed with Win 8 Preview version, it always show nothing.

2. I would like to confirm if the pairing procedure is triggered by click Add device of Control panel from both sides concurrently. Am I right?

3. As I try to pair two Samsung tablet machines using Wi-Fi direct, it always failed. The error code is 0x80070057, type 3. Does someone try this?

4. Does it possible to find device with Wi-Fi direct capability and pair with it via WinRT API by programming?

5. Does it possible to use Wi-Fi direct by Desktop mode app?

6. Does it possible to share Internet connection via Wi-Fi direct by Metro style app or Desktop mode app?

7. Does the hostednetwork (SoftAP) still work in Win 8? If yes, does it possible to launch SoftAP and Wi-Fi diect functionality concurrently?

Thanks a lot

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 10:54 AM