none
Internet Interruption

Question

• During an initial upload of Blob data, I lost internet connection. When I reconnected, the upload started from zero, rather than continuing on from where it was. Is this intentional? Can this be governed?

Scott

Sunday, November 13, 2016 2:56 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting here!

We are checking on the query and would get back to you soon on this.

I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your time and patience in this matter.

Regards.

Md. Shihab

Sunday, November 13, 2016 8:05 AM
  • Hi

Which tool you used to upload data to blob?

According to your description, you need resumable upload function (Continue uploading files from the point of interruption). Unfortunately, Powershell cmdlet, Azcopy and Microsoft Azure Storage Explorer don’t have this function. If you need resumable upload function, maybe you could try to use third-party tools which support resumable upload function.

If you still have questions, welcome to post back here. Thanks.

Regards,

Walter

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 14, 2016 9:07 AM
  • If you need resumable upload function, maybe you could try to use third-party tools which support resumable upload function.

Okay, thank you for the response. Why would this not be a built-in function?

Thursday, November 17, 2016 2:56 PM
  • Latest version of AzCopy already supports resume capability. Refer to the Z parameter  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/storage-use-azcopy#azcopy-parameters
    • Proposed as answer by Sirius Kuttiyan Saturday, November 19, 2016 12:00 AM
    Thursday, November 17, 2016 7:19 PM
  • Latest version of AzCopy already supports resume capability. Refer to the Z parameter  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/storage-use-azcopy#azcopy-parameters
    Thanks.
    Friday, November 18, 2016 1:36 PM