Metro UI comments?

General discussion

• I like the metro UI a lot for tablet, but for computers?
    I've got a desktop PC with a monitor that's on 1920x1080 resolution, and think metro is a huge waste of resources on here.
    It slows you down quite a bit when trying to work for it.

So I disabled the Metro UI, but now I can't program Metro UI applications.. I really hope we will get the ability to disable metro but still make applications for it.

Just wanted to know what you guys think of Metro UI (on desktop)

0x2B |~ 0x2B Blog : www.it-ca.net/blogdylan
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:43 PM

All replies

• Hi Dylan,

I took think the Windows Dev Team needs to rethink the Metro UI integration. I think the idea of having something similar on Tablets or Tablet PCs are great! But the bottom line is, everyone is going to want their Start Menu back. If they could add a dedicated button somewhere on the taskbar instead of replacing Start, that would probably be the best way to go. A choice to disable Metro is also recommended seeing as their are many who don't have touch interfaces. I'd like to point out that maybe making a tablet and desktop version of the Login Screen would also be wise. 

That being said, the added features and enhancements are coming a long nicely! Especially in the Windows Explorer and file management type of things. Keep up the great work Windows Dev. Team and never stop listening to the consumers!

Thanks, Evan Janusziewicz 

Ev Jan
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 10:00 PM
  • It is absolute mess on the desktop. Microsoft needs to abandon the idea of having one UI across all devices as people interact with these devices in fundamentally different ways.

The Metro UI on a tablet could be wonderful - but it just flat out doesn't work on the desktop. If Microsoft doesn't realize this they will have a Vista sized failure on their hands.

Friday, September 16, 2011 11:54 PM