none
Hide running Word Add-in (run on background) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm new at Office/Word Add-ins development.

I want to know if an Add-in running on Word 2013 can be running in any "hidden" state or "background" mode. The reason is simple: I want the Add-in to be working
    without any user interaction and not showing in the lateral panel, and when something I'm watching for inside the Add-in fires, the Add-in will begin to show.
    Then, having the lateral panel hidden or running the Add-in in the background will do the work.

Anybody knows if this is possible?
    Any alternative to a JavaScrip Add-in to do that?

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 10:00 PM

Answers

• Hi Alex,

>> I want the Add-in to be working  without any user interaction and not showing in the lateral panel, and when something I'm watching for inside the Add-in fires, the Add-in will begin to show.

I think it is impossible to work without any user interaction. For showing add-in, you could try “<Action xsi:type="ShowTaskpane">”, but there is no way to hide task pane by code. You could refer the link below for more information.

# OfficeDev/Office-Add-in-Commands-Samples

https://github.com/OfficeDev/Office-Add-in-Commands-Samples

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, July 7, 2016 5:58 AM