Dual Camera support with Pimg application RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am working on device where we can support two cameras. I have exposed two camera interfaces with individual PIN interfaces.

When I launch pimg application, I can see two camera icons "Camera1" and "Camera2". When I click on both the icons, they open "CAM1" interface and so can open only one camera.

With my DirectShow test application, I have verified that I am able to open both the cameras with separate interfaces!

Does pimg application support two cameras? If so, how can I make both the camera icons open different camera from pimg?

Your help will be appreciated!

Best regards,

Maulin
    Thursday, June 4, 2009 10:25 PM

Answers

• PIM is probably connecting PIN1 to all cams. So if You have separate PINs for each camera You must somehow tell PIM to connect those to different cameras.

BTW. How do You connect and switch between CAMs in Direct Show? I've tried everything but it didn't work
    (there's probably one PIN for everything on my device but I'd like to know how it should be done properly).
    Could You guide me with links or a bit of source?
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Thursday, June 11, 2009 1:18 AM
    Friday, June 5, 2009 9:25 AM

All replies

• PIM is probably connecting PIN1 to all cams. So if You have separate PINs for each camera You must somehow tell PIM to connect those to different cameras.

BTW. How do You connect and switch between CAMs in Direct Show? I've tried everything but it didn't work
    (there's probably one PIN for everything on my device but I'd like to know how it should be done properly).
    Could You guide me with links or a bit of source?
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Thursday, June 11, 2009 1:18 AM
    Friday, June 5, 2009 9:25 AM
  • Hi Mal,

Thanks for your answer.

But do you know how can I tell PIM to connect to that different PIN? Is there any registry key or something that I can modify to let PIM know where it needs to connect?

I have created two set of interfaces, and with my test app, I use either of the CAM interface to connect to particular camera. For e.g. I have associated CAM1 with Camera1 and CAM2 with Camera2. And there should be a separate PIN for each of your Camera interfaces. Than only, you would be able to switch between your camera interfaces.

Regards,

Maulin Sheth

Monday, June 15, 2009 9:31 PM