Data Factory V2 - Execute SSIS Package, 3rd party component RRS feed

• Question

• I'm experimenting with the new ADF V2 preview, to run our SSIS packages on Azure. We use a 3rd party component (JSON Source Component), to easily load data from a REST API, Json. To use the component on-premise, we had to register some DLLs on the server. When I deploy (succesful) the package to the ADF V2 IR, the packages fails. I think it can't find the necessary DLLs for running the component. See the error below:

Load Plans:Error: The managed pipeline component "com.webkingsoft.JSONSource_Common.JSONSourceComponent, com.webkingsoft.JSONSource_130, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=42a2313e1269904d" could not be loaded.  The exception was: Could not load file or assembly 'com.webkingsoft.JSONSource_130, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=42a2313e1269904d' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Questions:

• Is my assumption correct? 
    • Can I add DLLs to the ADF v2 IR, to make the component work?
    • If I create my own script component, and import some libraries/references, can I expect the same problems?
    Wednesday, October 18, 2017 9:23 AM

Answers

• Hi,

3rd party components or custom components is not yet supported on SSIS IR. We are currently working on this support and will provide more info when it becomes available. If you are interested in being the on private preview of this feature, please let me know -> jwong at microsoft.com 

thanks

jimmy

• Marked as answer by _TJ_ Wednesday, October 18, 2017 12:40 PM
    Wednesday, October 18, 2017 10:09 AM

All replies

• Hi,

3rd party components or custom components is not yet supported on SSIS IR. We are currently working on this support and will provide more info when it becomes available. If you are interested in being the on private preview of this feature, please let me know -> jwong at microsoft.com 

thanks

jimmy

• Marked as answer by _TJ_ Wednesday, October 18, 2017 12:40 PM
    Wednesday, October 18, 2017 10:09 AM
  • Jimmy, thanks for your answer!
    Wednesday, October 18, 2017 12:41 PM