Upgrade the service objective of Database using Powershell RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Am getting the following error when trying to upgrade the service objective of a Database.

Code:

$db = Get-AzureSqlDatabase $ctx –DatabaseName $databaseName
    $serviceObjective = Get-AzureSqlDatabaseServiceObjective $ctx -ServiceObjectiveName "S2"

Set-AzureSqlDatabase -ConnectionContext $ctx –Database $db -ServiceObjective $serviceObjective -Edition $expectedEdition -MaxSizeGB $expectedSize  -Force

WARNING: Client Session Id: ''
    WARNING: Client Request Id: ''

+              Set-AzureSqlDatabase -ConnectionContext $ctx –Database $db -Service ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (:) [Set-AzureSqlDatabase], CommunicationException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Commands.SqlDatabase.Database.Cmdlet.SetAzureSqlDatabase

Set-AzureSqlDatabase : The operation is not supported for your subscription offer type.

Please help me in this regard. What should be done for this issue?

Please note am not in a trail subscription and am able to upgrade the service objective from the management portal.

Thanks,

Pradebban Raja

• Edited by Pradebban Raja Sunday, November 9, 2014 7:48 PM Added Exception Information
    Sunday, November 9, 2014 7:45 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Pradeep,

We are working on this post and it takes some time to analyze. We will get back to you at the earliest.

Girish Prajwal

Monday, November 10, 2014 1:12 AM
  • Hi Pradeep,

Sorry for late response.

I request you to provide the subscription level like, pay-as-you-go, standard or premium level.

Based on your subscription level, we could identify whether you have the feature mentioned above.

Girish Prajwal

Monday, November 10, 2014 9:26 AM
  • Hi Girish,

Could you help me find out the subscription level. I am one of the co-administrator for the subscription and do no have the information on the subscription level.

I suppose it is a Standard level.

Update: It is Premium Level

Thanks,

Pradeep

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 5:38 PM
  • Hi Pradeep,

Thank you for the information.

I am afraid to inform you that the belowspecified commandlet is still in preview and is not available for General use.

-ServiceObjective<ServiceObjective>

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn546732.aspx

If specified, an object representing the new service objective for this database.

Note: This parameter is currently available in preview. To learn more about the preview

I suggest you to ignore -ServiceObjective<ServiceObjective> field and try the cmdlet.

Girish Prajwal

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 9:07 AM
  • Hi Girish,

Thanks for the information.

So does this mean we will not be able to Change the the Service Level of Databases by using Powershell Commandlets.

Ignoring the -ServiceObjective would not solve my intended usage of the commandlet.

Do you have any targeted release to get this out for General use, so as to plan accordingly

Thanks,

Pradeep.

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 6:29 PM
  • Hi Pradeep,

I suggest you to open a case with Microsoft for further troubleshooting.

I also checked that you have opened a similar thread with this issue.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/1d953600-6470-450b-a5ab-6a9254f94135/the-operation-is-not-supported-for-your-subscription-offer-type?forum=ssdsgetstarted

As specified, request you to send the subscription details.

Girish Prajwal

• Proposed as answer by Girish Prajwal Friday, November 14, 2014 5:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by Girish Prajwal Friday, November 14, 2014 5:15 AM
    Thursday, November 13, 2014 7:24 AM