Can change the bitmap in a bitmap control RRS feed

• Question

• I don't get it!

Why can't I change the bitmap in a bitmap control on the fly?

((CStatic*)GetDlgItem(IDC_STATIC_A1))->SetBitmap(m_bmpWhite);
    GetDlgItem(IDC_STATIC_A1)->Invalidate(true);

The above does not cause any ASSERTS or anything but the old bitmap remains stubbornly in the control and wont change to the new one above.

• Moved by lake Xiao Monday, February 15, 2016 5:43 AM
    Saturday, February 13, 2016 6:56 PM

Answers

• Hello GregaryB

Your code should work, but you must be sure the Bitmap handle m_bmpWhit exists over the complete application lifesycle. If m_bmpWhite is a local variable in a function you will not see your bitmap. If the variable is a member of your i.e. CDialog class than everything should be fine.

Best regards

Bordon

Note: Posted code pieces may not have a good programming style and may not perfect. It is also possible that they do not work in all situations. Code pieces are only indended to explain something particualar.

• Proposed as answer by Shu 2017 Tuesday, February 16, 2016 5:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by Hart Wang Monday, February 22, 2016 9:37 AM
    Monday, February 15, 2016 6:25 AM
  • Check SS_BITMAP property, please.

Visual C++ enthusiast, like network programming and driver development. At present is being engaged in the WinCE/Windows Mobile platform embedded development.

Monday, February 15, 2016 9:34 AM

All replies

• Hi GregaryB,

Since Our forum is discussing about VS general question like how to set/configure Visual Studio and Visual Studio tools.

And your problem is more related to the C++. I moved it to the C++ forum for better support.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Monday, February 15, 2016 5:42 AM
  • Hello GregaryB

Your code should work, but you must be sure the Bitmap handle m_bmpWhit exists over the complete application lifesycle. If m_bmpWhite is a local variable in a function you will not see your bitmap. If the variable is a member of your i.e. CDialog class than everything should be fine.

Best regards

Bordon

Note: Posted code pieces may not have a good programming style and may not perfect. It is also possible that they do not work in all situations. Code pieces are only indended to explain something particualar.

Monday, February 15, 2016 6:25 AM
  • Hi,

I think you can try to use specified image list to obtain images. If you create a coolbar that will contain static images. You need to use the image list functions to change those images.

For more information you can refer to the link: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms997549.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Best Regards,

Hart

Monday, February 15, 2016 6:30 AM
  • Check SS_BITMAP property, please.

Visual C++ enthusiast, like network programming and driver development. At present is being engaged in the WinCE/Windows Mobile platform embedded development.

Monday, February 15, 2016 9:34 AM