Sharepoint Enterprise Wiki issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have been tasked to stand up a small sharepoint farm at an employer, everything is going well and I am following many instructional guides, However one thing has been stumping me for the past few days:

I create a base webpage (ie http://Sharepoint.company.com/)

I then try to create a new site from the site actions dropdown and try to create an "enterprise wiki" however the option is unavailable.

Why is this? is there any kind of remediation?

Thanks!

Friday, May 11, 2012 4:49 PM

Answers

• Once you have publishing turned on you need to make sure that the Enterprise Wiki template is available. Site Settings > Look and Feel > Page Layouts and Site Templates. This will show you what is available to create and use.

Heather Waterman SharePoint Desginer www.heatherwaterman.com

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 11:28 AM
  • Hi,

The "Enterprise Wiki" template is only available when you have the publishing feature activated at the site collection level. To resolve this issue, turn on the Publishing feature (SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure feature) at the site collection level.

The feature id of SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructrue feature is : {F6924D36-2FA8-4f0b-B16D-06B7250180FA}.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Devang Bhavsar

Friday, May 11, 2012 7:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The "Enterprise Wiki" template is only available when you have the publishing feature activated at the site collection level. To resolve this issue, turn on the Publishing feature (SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure feature) at the site collection level.

The feature id of SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructrue feature is : {F6924D36-2FA8-4f0b-B16D-06B7250180FA}.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Devang Bhavsar

Friday, May 11, 2012 7:44 PM
  • Once you have publishing turned on you need to make sure that the Enterprise Wiki template is available. Site Settings > Look and Feel > Page Layouts and Site Templates. This will show you what is available to create and use.

Heather Waterman SharePoint Desginer www.heatherwaterman.com

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 11:28 AM