Expression Blend 2.5 June 2008 Preview --- error in editing control part (template) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have encountered a very annoying problem in using Expression Blend 2.5 June 2008 Preview to create a custom button.

My configuration includes WIndows XP, Visual Studio 2008 with SP1, latestest install chainer of Silverlight 2.0 Beta 2 and Expression Blend 2.5 June 2008 Preview.

In Blend, I can right click on a button, then "edit control parts (template)" -> "create empty" -> get art board opened on app.xaml -> put a TextBlock in -> click on "mouse over" state -> see "State recording is on" appears on the top of the art board -> try to change something in "Properties", eg. font size or transformation -> get error saying "The property value is not valid".

What should I do to fix this problem?

Tuesday, September 9, 2008 4:02 AM

Answers

• When you're working with states with this build of Blend, the error is probably because you're setting a property on an unnamed piece of your button.  Outside the State Manager, if you create a new Animation on an unnamed element, it names it for you. This isn't happening in this version of Blend (its a bug), so name sure before you change a property of an object when setting the state that you name it.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 5:36 AM

All replies

• When you're working with states with this build of Blend, the error is probably because you're setting a property on an unnamed piece of your button.  Outside the State Manager, if you create a new Animation on an unnamed element, it names it for you. This isn't happening in this version of Blend (its a bug), so name sure before you change a property of an object when setting the state that you name it.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 5:36 AM
  • Works.

Thanks a lot!

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 8:50 AM