Can I convert Lightswitch desktop client to HTML client? RRS feed

• Question

• As the title, is there any way I can convert my LightSwitch desktop application to a HTML application, so that users can open it in their browsers?
    Wednesday, January 29, 2014 2:46 AM

Answers

• You can change the desktop application to either run out of browser (Desktop) or in browser (Web) from the client application designer. Depending on which version of LightSwitch/Visual Studio that you are using, you access it different ways.

If you are asking about converting the desktop application into an HTML application, there is no way to do that. They use completely different technology stacks (Silverlight with C# or VB vs HTML/CSS/JS) and are not interchangeable or convertible.

Justin Anderson, LightSwitch Development Team

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 5:52 AM
  • Hey Connor,

right-click on the client project and select Properties.  From the Client Type tab, select 'Desktop' or 'Web'.

Best of luck

Jan

It's your story - time to switch on the innovation.||About me||LightSwitch blog

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 7:30 PM

All replies

• You can change the desktop application to either run out of browser (Desktop) or in browser (Web) from the client application designer. Depending on which version of LightSwitch/Visual Studio that you are using, you access it different ways.

If you are asking about converting the desktop application into an HTML application, there is no way to do that. They use completely different technology stacks (Silverlight with C# or VB vs HTML/CSS/JS) and are not interchangeable or convertible.

Justin Anderson, LightSwitch Development Team

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 5:52 AM
  • Thanks for your reply. Then how can I make it run in the browser in Visual Studio 2013?
    • Edited by ConnorTX Wednesday, January 29, 2014 6:55 PM
    Wednesday, January 29, 2014 6:54 PM
  • Hey Connor,

right-click on the client project and select Properties.  From the Client Type tab, select 'Desktop' or 'Web'.

Best of luck

Jan

It's your story - time to switch on the innovation.||About me||LightSwitch blog

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 7:30 PM