Looking for sample DUN code using Visual Studio 2008 or 2010. RRS feed

• Question

• I'm developing a special program which dials into a remote device using DUN (Dial Up Networking). I'm looking for a library that I can use to integrate DUN into my program. I'm using C++/CLI if that matters. Using Visual Studio, I can see there are classes such as RASDIALPARAMS and RASCONN but I can't figure out the namespace if it exists.  Any help would certainly be appreciated.
    • Moved by Jesse Jiang Tuesday, June 21, 2011 3:37 AM (From:Visual C++ General)
    Sunday, June 19, 2011 2:15 AM

All replies

• Hi tncoder,

As far as I know, The Dial-up Networking functionality in Windows Embedded CE-based devices is implemented using Remote Access Service (RAS) and the Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP).  Did you application run on Windows CE based devices? If so, I would like you to ask help from the  Windows Embedded Compact Native Application Development  or Windows Embedded Standard forum.

I will move this one to off-topic. Because this forum is talking about the development issue on the Windows platform, not on the Windows Embedded platform.

Best regards,

Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, June 20, 2011 7:27 AM
  • I'm talking about the Windows platform not the embedded version. I can't figure out how you understood it was for CE unless I opened the question in that forum. Nonetheless, thanks at least for replying. I've written PPP code using Borland C++ Builder 2006 and had no problem doing it.  It seems to be a big mystery with Visual Studio.

Regards,

Terry

Friday, June 24, 2011 6:41 PM