none
Questions RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I made a report with tables, i made an expression for hiding columns,

when the columns are hidden, the print layout looks ok,

but when i save as pdf

it makes a filled-black rectangle in the blank area after each table..

does anyone knows what is this ? ? 

how do i make it go ?

thanks

tomer

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 4:16 PM

All replies

•  

is your background property set to black maybe?  Not sure I've heard of this one.....

Maybe try squeezing the size of your body down to the height of your table?

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 10:07 PM
  • Hey,

I checked the report with notepad, the work Black is not there Sad

no other property is set to black either.. the thing is when the columns are visible i don't get the black part

but when i hide them it comes

And it doesn't matter the height only the width, because of that the black part comes to the right of the tables 

anything else ?

i managed to upload a screen shot http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screeneb0.jpg

thanks
    Wednesday, January 9, 2008 8:07 AM
  • Interesting..... some of the differences between the reportviewer display and the Adobe display have proved interesting to chase down for me personally.  This is one I definately haven't seen before.  

Do you have two tables there?   Just looking at it, it looks like the report  body is reducing it's size since it doesn't need as much space to display the table.....

If you do have two tables, possibly try putting them both in a Rectangle controls....rectangles act as containers for the reports... then size the rectangle to the width of the report...

I'm reaching here, but figured I'd give you something to try....

Wednesday, January 9, 2008 4:37 PM
  •  

I got more then those two, I've just cutted and pasted part of it for the screen shot,

Each table got it's own rectangle with is set to almost all of the width,

I have tried what you are suggesting with no success,

I have figured out a work around for that in that time.. (a very stupid but effective)

I made the tables got 4 columns with visibility expression and i have made another four after them with the

opposite expression so they are visible when the others are not and keeping their place :-) and i made them all white

so they are not seen in the report nor the pdf

thanks for helping Smile

tomer

Thursday, January 10, 2008 9:19 AM
  • thats kinda ingenius. but can't u just use one very big column to cover the four columns, how did you fix the border issue though, exporting to excel is giving me extra columns though sighzzz.
    • Edited by Keith Tan Thursday, November 6, 2008 9:06 AM
    Thursday, November 6, 2008 8:56 AM