unable to failover the services in active-active cluster node RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i am applying the sp2 patch for sql server 2008 r2 in active-active cluster, we have 3 services in the cluster , node 1 as 2 prefered owner and node 2 as 1 prefered owner, when i try to move the service from node 2 to node1 , i am getting the below errors

DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer XXXXXXXXX using any of the configured protocols.

The Kerberos client received a KRB_AP_ERR_MODIFIED error from the server XXXXXXXXX. The target name used was RPCSS/XXXXXX. This indicates that the target server failed to decrypt the ticket provided by the client. This can occur when the target server principal name (SPN) is registered on an account other than the account the target service is using. Please ensure that the target SPN is registered on, and only registered on, the account used by the server. This error can also happen when the target service is using a different password for the target service account than what the Kerberos Key Distribution Center (KDC) has for the target service account. Please ensure that the service on the server and the KDC are both updated to use the current password. If the server name is not fully qualified, and the target domain (XXXXXX) is different from the client domain (XXXXXXX), check if there are identically named server accounts in these two domains, or use the fully-qualified name to identify the server.

The Cluster service failed to bring clustered service or application 'CHCROCHC045' completely online or offline. One or more resources may be in a failed state. This may impact the availability of the clustered service or application.

Cluster resource 'SQL Server (CHCROCHC045)' in clustered service or application 'CHCROCHC045' failed.

any inputs appreciated to resolve this issue as i could not procedd with patching

BR

PGR

• Edited by Prakash GR Thursday, March 19, 2015 9:16 PM
    • Moved by Shanky_621MVP Friday, March 20, 2015 4:54 AM more appropriate forum for this question
    Thursday, March 19, 2015 9:16 PM

Answers

•  This error can also happen when the target service is using a different password for the target service account than what the Kerberos Key Distribution Center (KDC) has for the target service account. 

Was the password changed for SQL services account? Please make sure SQL services are running with same services account and password are correct on all nodes.

Friday, March 20, 2015 2:40 AM
  • https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/9249179c-22a4-4058-b732-043d51d9d2eb/event-id-4-kerberos-errors-on-all-machines-in-domain-pointing-to-fsmo-holder?forum=winserverDS
    Friday, March 20, 2015 2:46 AM

All replies