Page Customizations not recognized RRS feed

• Question

• User-1254308814 posted

I have a webesite that I created and added  a LINQ datacontext to. Everything works fine. Next I copied the List.aspx from the the templates folder into custompages/<"project" in this case for the project table>/List.aspx. Unfortunately, the customizations which I have made are not being recognized(ie. the base templates are being used and not the one I changed). Is there any setting or way to get this to kick in and start working.

Thanks Jaime 

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 1:37 PM

All replies

• User-1254308814 posted

Dynamic Data Website 

1. Can setup the default everything works using default scaffold. - CHECK
    2. LINQ datacontext is setup properly. - CHECK
    3. I can override partial methods and add custom validation - CHECK
    4. Custom pages aren't recognized.  - XXXX

Dynamic Data Entities Website

1.   Can setup the default everything works using default scaffold.  - CHECK
         2.   Entities dataModel setup properly - CHECK
         3.   I didn't have success overriding partial methods or rather I don't understand the entities model. - XXXX
         4.   Custom Pages ARE recognized.  - CHECK

So, I have 3 out of 4 things that I need accomplished on either site. I prefer the LINQ model but either will do. If someone could guide me to the answer that would be great. 

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 2:24 PM
  • User-1254308814 posted

Ok I have solved the part of it that might move me forward but I still want to figure out why the First scenare item number 4 doesn't work.

Dynamic Data Entities Website

1.   Can setup the default everything works using default scaffold.  - CHECK
         2.   Entities dataModel setup properly - CHECK
         3.   I didn't have success overriding partial methods or rather I don't understand the entities model. - <STRIKE>XXXX</STRIKE>  CHECK  -- ADD the namespace that your dataModel classes are in to your custom class
         4.   Custom Pages ARE recognized.  - CHECK

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 2:32 PM
  • User-330204900 posted

You will find the due to pluralisation in L2S the name of the folder for the table would be Projects not Project this will be why under L2S your custom pages are not working but are under EF project.

Hope this helps [:D]

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 3:22 PM