New website menu is missing in visual studio 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am getting one problem after installing visual studio 2010 .It is not showing 'new website' in File menu while opening new menu. i tried with tools-> import and export settings-> reset settings-> General development settings. Though 'new website' option is not showing for creating website application.

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 7:49 AM

All replies

• why don't you install the new visual studio 2017 ?

https://www.visualstudio.com/vs/whatsnew/

kind regards

Laurens

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 8:05 AM
  • Hi,

Welcome to MSDN FORUM.

If you choose full installation of vs2010, please repair it firstly(go to control panel->right click on visual studio 2010->uninstall/change->repair) and use File>New>New Web Site in visual studio 2010. If you choose custom installation, please make sure that you have install enough components for vs2010.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 28, 2017 9:30 AM
  • Hi ptechsept,

(1) Please mark sure that your current VS2010 version really supports the web or website project. For example, like the desktop express version which doesn't support the website project. Of course, please share us the detailed VS2010 version information.

(2)I also really you use the higher VS version, like VS2015 or VS2017 now.

(3)If your VS2010 supports the web project, I also agree with Joyce's suggestion, please make sure that you really select the web packages during you install the VS with custom setup.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support

Friday, September 29, 2017 8:36 AM