Metro Horizontal Scrolling Suggestion

General discussion

• Hello Everyone,

Just thought have a good idea.

Currently when using mouse and keyboard in metro UI, horizontal scrolling is done by horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of screen or mouse scroll wheel.

Just thought maybe it will work with mouse cursor movement, like the one they use on quickplay (dashboard) mode on zune software?

What do you think?

Saturday, September 17, 2011 8:39 AM

All replies

• yes this is an excellent suggestion. I was talking about it on Winrumours myself :)
    Saturday, September 17, 2011 7:10 PM
  • I was frustrated when I couldn't do that when I first started using it. In fact, it took me quite some time to figure out the mouse wheel works too. But that's not very intuitive.

This feature should definitely be implemented!

Saturday, September 17, 2011 7:43 PM
  • I totally agree.

Saturday, September 17, 2011 8:10 PM
  • I was frustrated when I couldn't do that when I first started using it. In fact, it took me quite some time to figure out the mouse wheel works too. But that's not very intuitive.

This feature should definitely be implemented!

Scroll/mouse wheel only works on the Start screen for me, would be better if it was a 'system' feature rather than an app feature.

While on the subject of horizontal scrolling there seems to be some inconsistencies regarding scroll indicators, some apps show there is 'more' content available if you scroll, other make you attempt to scroll to find out  <- on Acer w500 using touch only 

Acer W500 tablet Ageing HP laptop Too much apple stuff
    Sunday, October 02, 2011 8:34 PM