none
KB4012598 on Windows XP Embedded RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    is any licence issue to put standard SP3 on Windows XP Embedded SP2 for KB4012598 installation ?
    One of our clients still use Windows XP Embedded SP2 and it look the KB4012598 require SP3 but there was no SP3 for XP Embadded, they can use standard SP3 but they are worry abut licence issues.

Best regards,
    Robert W.

Thursday, June 1, 2017 1:48 PM

All replies

• This is the POSReady forum, I will move the post to a XPE forum.

There was a release of XPe SP3 a long time ago. If you have access to the MyOEM site you should be able to download the bits. Please contact your Microsoft distributor to get access to the MyOEM if you don't have it.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Thursday, June 1, 2017 2:22 PM
  • OK, thx.
    I asked our central for access to MyOEM but in meantime I found this:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=3740
    I hope it will be the correct file.

Regards,
    Robert

Thursday, June 1, 2017 3:17 PM
  • That is for WEPOS not XP Embedded. You can try it, but it might not work.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Friday, June 2, 2017 4:25 AM
  • I'm quiet sure that Robert is looking for the update that fixes the "WannaCry" vulnerability. I fond this article on TechNet, which tells that KB4012598 applies to Windows XP Embedded. It is also listed in the Microsoft Update Catalog.

Take in account that these updates are intended for installting them on the target device. AFAIK you need the "DQI" (Desktop QFE Installer) component in your image, otherwise the update may fail. This again, may require other components in your image in order to install these updates sucessfully.

As pointed out by Sean, yoy may try, but there is no warranty for success.

Saturday, June 3, 2017 9:43 AM