"The only authentication option for the SPA template is Individual User Accounts." RRS feed

• Question

• User1858746823 posted

I have developed some MVC applications and WebAPIs that all use my WAAD authentication service.

I was going to create a SPA application from the VS template and I see that the "Change Authentication" button is grey'ed.

Examples mention "The only authentication option for the SPA template is Individual User Accounts."

I'm wondering why this is, since I can't think of a reason that a SPA application can't use the Azure active directory authentication server.

Thanks!

Monday, January 12, 2015 9:19 AM

Answers

• User61956409 posted

Hi k_zeitz,

Thanks for your post.

I was going to create a SPA application from the VS template and I see that the "Change Authentication" button is grey'ed.

Examples mention "The only authentication option for the SPA template is Individual User Accounts."

Visual Studio 2013 offers several authentication options for the Web Forms, MVC, and Web API templates. But the only authentication option for the SPA template is  Individual User Accounts. If you have some specific feature requirements, you could submit a feedback in this site.

Best Regards,

Fei Han

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, January 13, 2015 3:02 AM

All replies

• User61956409 posted

Hi k_zeitz,

Thanks for your post.

Visual Studio 2013 offers several authentication options for the Web Forms, MVC, and Web API templates. But the only authentication option for the SPA template is  Individual User Accounts. If you have some specific feature requirements, you could submit a feedback in this site.

Best Regards,

Fei Han

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, January 13, 2015 3:02 AM
  • User1858746823 posted

Thanks Fei Han for the response.

I'll interpret that as "there isn't a specific reason" than other the SPA template comes with a OWIN Authentication service built in.  The SPA template is just setup that way.

Karlton 

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 9:11 AM