Error COMException only on Lumia 610 when calling CaptureSource.Start() RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm facing an error in my application. It contains a video recorder (it's based on a tutorial from MSDN), when i'm calling the method CaptureSource.Start() a COMException is raised in Visual Studio and the video capture doesn't start. This exception only comes when i'm running the app on a Lumia 610, the app i running correctly on Lumia 620 and HTC Mozart.

Does anyone can help me ?

Here's my code :

XAML : Camera_Movie.xaml

C# : Camera_Movie.xaml.cs

Error screenshot : Capture.PNG

Friday, November 29, 2013 4:59 PM

Answers

• Yes i did, but i finally managed to make it work.

I change the class from IDisposable to PhoneApplicationPage and now it's working. I'm not sure it was the correct thing to do but i really need the app to run on Lumia 610.

public partial class CameraMovie: IDisposable

replaced by :

public partial class CameraMovie: PhoneApplicationPage

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 1:31 PM

All replies

• Have you tested this on any other 610 phones?

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 1:12 PM
  • Yes i did, but i finally managed to make it work.

I change the class from IDisposable to PhoneApplicationPage and now it's working. I'm not sure it was the correct thing to do but i really need the app to run on Lumia 610.

public partial class CameraMovie: IDisposable

replaced by :

public partial class CameraMovie: PhoneApplicationPage

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 1:31 PM