Can I Use WCF Data Service in ASP.NET Dynamic Data Entities Web Application RRS feed

• Question

• Dears,

I need to use Microsoft ASP.NET Dynamic Data Entities Web Application to Access my data. I need also to completely separate the business logic from the presentation layer because I've many services (Workflow services for example) will need to access the same data accessed through the UI.

My solution is

1. Create WCF Data Services Project with emdx to access the Database and Expose the data as WCF Service (this will as Data Layer + part of the Business Logic)

2. Create Workflow Services that's able to access the database and business logic form (1) (this will act as the remaining Business Logic)

3. Create ASP.NET Dynamic data Entities Web application to act as Presentation Layer for both the Data Access and also the user interface for the Workflow services.

The Question is, Is the above logic is OK? if yes How Can I do this specially how to let the ASP.NET Dynamic data Entities access the WCF Data Service instead of accessing the emdx directly?

If not, what's the best solution to use the ASP.NET Dynamic Data Entities Web Application with completely separating the Data & Business Layer from the Presentation Layer?

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 7:15 AM

All replies

• Hi, 

Is this thread helpful to you?  
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2496054/is-it-possible-to-use-asp-net-dynamic-data-and-subsonic-3

Pam 

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 5:33 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your Reply.

What I understand from the Link, they are speaking about exposing the Dynamic Entities as WCF Data Service and consume it in any client application.

But I need the consumer to be Microsoft ASP.NET Dynamic Data Entities Web Application which Generate a generic web pages and user control enables the View, Edit and Update for the Data.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 6:12 AM
  • Maybe this can help. 

http://blogs.infosupport.com/asp-net-dynamic-data-futures-today/

I am also looking for better way to use ASP.NET Dynamic Data and WCF Data Service

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 9:30 PM