ChangeWindowMessageFilter and AllowSetForegroundWindow RRS feed

• Question

• Hey all

For some reason I can't post in the Windows Client section ("You are not authorized") or some message like that comes up....
    This was the closest I could find to put it in....

I am having an issue where, for obvious reasons, my AllowSetForegroundWindow call is blocked by UIPI. The process I want to allow foreground activation for is obviously elevated, and the caller is non-elevated. Now, I used ChangeWindowMessageFilter() to allow SendMessage() to work with my custom window messages, HOWEVER, is there a similar way for this to be accomplished with AllowSetForegroundWindow?

I have complete control over the elevated application and the non-elevated one.

Thanks in advance.

• Moved by Rob Pan Friday, May 27, 2011 2:56 AM for better support (From:Visual C++ General)
    Friday, May 20, 2011 5:07 AM

All replies

• Looks like a good question for http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/windowssecurity/threads

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Friday, May 20, 2011 7:19 AM
  • Is someone able to move this thread there?
    Cheers.
    Friday, May 20, 2011 7:23 AM
  • You can start the discussion there and wait for admins to merge the two threads.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Friday, May 20, 2011 4:54 PM
  • Hi,

According to your and Sheng's suggesiton, I will move this thread to the correct fourm for better support. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Rob

Rob Pan [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, May 27, 2011 2:55 AM
  • Thanks Rob!
    Friday, May 27, 2011 7:43 AM