WPF + ViewPort3D + Video plus a lot of stuff going on RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I've been having trouble improving performance in WPF 4 beta 2 in an app that is just a bunch of animations and basic data handling, the problem is that as Perforator reports the animation goes smooth anywhere but not with the control inside a ViewPort3D, and when "zooming" it or scaling to full screen the animation fps drops from 40 - 50 to 20 - 24 on a top of the line machine and my client machine goes to 8 to 10 (core 2 duo 3 ghz with 512 mb video card and 4 gb ram)

I've made all kind of tweaks from caching to text rendering options, simplifying visual tree etc but not a big improvement, the visual tree is like this:

Window
    - ViewBox
    - - ViewPort3D
    - - - UserControl
    - - - - Canvas
    - - - - - UserControl x 2
    - - - - - - Canvas with StackPanel and a news ticker like animation using storyboard as microseconds timer
    - - - - - DataGrid
    - - - - - Video (im using a control from MediaKit codeplex project)
    - - - - - Other text and a timer
    - - other images and controls

So if in Perforator I disable 3D rendering the viewport3d is gone and the fps goes to 60 so is all about it, the animation is smooth when the control inside the viewport have 2 or 3 elements visible and the others collapsed but it seems too many elements degrades performance, I really don't know what else to do, does anybody have a suggestion? thanks
    Friday, February 5, 2010 3:23 AM