none
Workflow extensions RRS feed

• Question

• Does this release support adding workflow extensions to the host? If so, how can it be done?

Thanks,
    Reda

Monday, September 10, 2012 9:33 PM

Answers

• Hi Redal, what kind of extension do you mean? If you mean something like add some custom service which will be loaded in Microsoft.Workflow.ServiceHost.exe  or similar, the answer is currentlly NO.

However, the Workflow Host is running on top of Service Bus posting messages to topic. This can be leveraged to hook on i.e. Workflow-Start and perform some additional actions.

Damir Dobric
    developers.de
    daenet.de
    daenet.eu
    daenet.com

• Marked as answer by RedaElkhadiri Tuesday, September 25, 2012 6:46 AM
    Sunday, September 16, 2012 7:59 AM

All replies

• Hi Redal, what kind of extension do you mean? If you mean something like add some custom service which will be loaded in Microsoft.Workflow.ServiceHost.exe  or similar, the answer is currentlly NO.

However, the Workflow Host is running on top of Service Bus posting messages to topic. This can be leveraged to hook on i.e. Workflow-Start and perform some additional actions.

Damir Dobric
    developers.de
    daenet.de
    daenet.eu
    daenet.com

• Marked as answer by RedaElkhadiri Tuesday, September 25, 2012 6:46 AM
    Sunday, September 16, 2012 7:59 AM
  • Hi, 

I was also looking for a way to add my own extensions to the host. Too bad it sounds like it isn't possible. 

What I'm trying to achieve right now is to use Enterprise Lib to do some logging from within my custom activities. How would you suggest I solve this?

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 12:09 PM
  • do u mean that the workflow can post messages to it's own topic? how would you do that?
    Thursday, July 10, 2014 10:25 PM
  • do u mean that the workflow can post messages to it's own topic? how would you do that?
    Hi, what about this question? Is it possible?
    Thursday, May 7, 2015 11:07 AM