Intellitest for ASP.NET MVC projects RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am trying out the IntelliTest feature on VS2015 and I can't seem to get it to work for my MVC application. I tired running the test on controller methods. The error I keep getting boils down to CLR detected an invalid program. Does Intellitest support MVC projetcs.

And also I want to know whether intellitest works for Database projects in VS2015.

Thanks

Sriram

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 2:37 PM

Answers

• Hi Sriram,

>>Does Intellitest support MVC projetcs.

Yes, Intellitest support MVC projects. I create a default MVC project in Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise Update 1 and then right-click one of the controller methods to Create IntelliTest. It will create a test project automatically. I start run the IntelliTest with right-click the generated test method and choose Run IntelliTest.

Please create a default MVC project to test with IntelliTest to check whether the error caused by your controller method or not. If the error just occurs in your MVC project, please share some code snippet in your controller method to help us reproduce this issue.

>>And also I want to know whether intellitest works for Database projects in VS2015.

I'm afraid it doesn't support Database projects in VS2015. There has other community who has the same requirement submit this requirement to Visual Studio User Voice. Please vote and add comments for that feedback.

https://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/330519-team-services/suggestions/7071753-enable-intellitest-to-generate-tests-for-database

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

• Proposed as answer by Weiwei Cai Tuesday, March 15, 2016 6:44 AM
    • Marked as answer by Weiwei Cai Wednesday, March 16, 2016 2:03 AM
    Wednesday, March 9, 2016 6:55 AM