Visual Studio 2015 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have some projects written in C++ and few in C# .We were installing Visual Studio 2015  and select only C++ feature. As a result our C# projects can not be builded with error: Visual C# 2015 compiler could not be created. It's OK. We re-run Visual Studio 2015 installer and try to add C# compiler. What in installation features we have to choose?

We do not want install everything. C# we see only under 'Cross Platform Mobile Development \ (C#/.NET ...)'. But our application is not mobile. It's normal Window Desktop development.

What in installation features we have to choose to be able to build VB and C# components?

Thanks

• Moved by Just Karl Friday, May 27, 2016 3:28 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Friday, May 27, 2016 3:07 PM

Answers

• Thanks.

I did not pause installation. And I installed only C++. VS 2015 have too many features. Are you sure if I install only C++ , C# will be also installed as default?

Hi Rarik,

Yes I am sure that C# is default programming language in Visual Studio installation.

Best regards!

(If this was helpful for you, vote for it and propose it as an answer)

• Proposed as answer by 宝宝徐 Wednesday, June 1, 2016 2:43 AM
    • Marked as answer by 宝宝徐 Monday, June 6, 2016 2:51 AM
    Saturday, May 28, 2016 7:32 AM
  • Hi Rarik,

Thank you for your post.

C# Console application template is installed with VS by default.

You can try this to restore missing templates:

Please open Windows Explorer, and navigate to  <Visual Studio Installation Path>\Common7\IDE (by default is C:\Program Files \Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE);

1.Delete the ItemTemplatesCache, ProjectTemplatesCache folder;

2.Open Visual Studio Command Prompt  under Start menu -> All Programs -> Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 -> Visual Studio Tools (run it with Administrator privilege: right-click the program -> Run as administrator);

3.Run the devenv /InstallVSTemplates switch;

4.Run the devenv /Setup switch

Please refer to:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms247116(v=vs.100).aspx

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, May 30, 2016 2:03 AM

All replies

• Hello,

The TechNet Wiki Discussion Forum is a place for the TechNet Wiki Community to engage, question, organize, debate, help, influence and foster the TechNet Wiki content, platform and Community.

Please note that this forum exists to discuss TechNet Wiki as a technology/application.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Visual Studio Setup and Installation forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

• Edited by Just Karl Friday, May 27, 2016 3:27 PM
    Friday, May 27, 2016 3:25 PM
  • Thanks. We have Visual Studio Professional installer. iso image.

• Edited by Rarik Friday, May 27, 2016 4:10 PM
    Friday, May 27, 2016 3:39 PM
  • Hi Rarik,

"Visual C# 2015 compiler could not be created"...

This happened when you paused the installation and restarted it later on or have samo minor error on the installation. I strongly recommend you to try to repair or unistall and than install Visual Studio again.

"What in installation features we have to choose?"

C# is default programming language when you install Visual Studio.

Hope this was helpful for you...

Best regards!

Friday, May 27, 2016 9:10 PM
  • Thanks.

I did not pause installation. And I installed only C++. VS 2015 have too many features. Are you sure if I install only C++ , C# will be also installed as default?

Saturday, May 28, 2016 2:50 AM
  • Thanks.

Hi Rarik,

Yes I am sure that C# is default programming language in Visual Studio installation.

Best regards!

Saturday, May 28, 2016 7:32 AM
  • Hi Rarik,

Thank you for your post.

C# Console application template is installed with VS by default.

You can try this to restore missing templates:

Please open Windows Explorer, and navigate to  <Visual Studio Installation Path>\Common7\IDE (by default is C:\Program Files \Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE);

1.Delete the ItemTemplatesCache, ProjectTemplatesCache folder;

2.Open Visual Studio Command Prompt  under Start menu -> All Programs -> Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 -> Visual Studio Tools (run it with Administrator privilege: right-click the program -> Run as administrator);

3.Run the devenv /InstallVSTemplates switch;

4.Run the devenv /Setup switch

Please refer to:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms247116(v=vs.100).aspx

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, May 30, 2016 2:03 AM