Using Boost c++ library on Winrt/ARM platform

Question

• I using currently latest Boost library (1.55.0). While my code compiles great on Winrt\Win32, for some reason I failed to use it on ARM. When I trying to compile my code using Boost, I getting these 3 kinds of errors:

1. BOOST_STATIC_ASSERT(false) --> false at fp_traits.hpp, line 472
    2. error C2065: 'offset_' : undeclared identifier (.. [ommited] ..) --> at fp_traits.hpp, line 457
    3. error C2660: 'memcpy' : function does not take 2 arguments (.. [ommited] ..) -> at fp_traits.hpp, line 457. Probably this happens because of error 2.

I suspect that I missing some preprocessor define or some compiler setting, but I don't know what.

P.S. I using VS 2013 on Windows 8.1

Any help will be greatly appreciated, Thanks

Tuesday, December 03, 2013 2:34 PM

Answers

• If you are using part with a binary library then you will need to build that library for ARM, but you should be able to just switch to compile for ARM and the headers only sections should just work. I haven't had any trouble with the parts of boost that I've used that way. The only setting you should need to is add boost's location to the include path, and without that you should get an error before the ones you list here.

Can you provide a minimal sample code snippet which shows how you are calling boost and demonstrates the problem?

You may also want to check on the boost list to see if there are known issues with the sections you are using.

--Rob

Wednesday, December 04, 2013 2:51 AM
    Owner