Dumping raw pixels from decoded streams RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    Im trying to decode a wmv stream using in MFT 'WMVVideo Decoder DMO' and write the resulting raw pixels to a yuv (or nv12) file.
    I could do this in directshow quite simply by writing a transform filter and tapping the bytes (pixels of YUV channels) to a file.

But on MFT using topoedit when I tried to modify the MFT_Grayscale dll to write to file, it does not create a file.
    And on top of that, I get a black screen when the video plays.
    And the worst part is when I switch back to the original MFT_Grayscale.dll, I continue to get a black screen.

Im new to MFT. Can someone help?
    Thanks

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 1:37 AM

All replies

• In other words, Im wondering if there is a sample of equivalent of 'sample grabber' or 'dump filter' for MFT.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 2:13 AM
  • It should be fairly simple. For your file, in the source reader you should read it as YUY2, by setting the media type as YUY2 and after reading check the Format Change Flags in the reader and re-set the output type to be YUY2. Once you have these samples, you can write them to a file.
    Wednesday, February 27, 2013 2:13 PM
  • Yes, I have access to pixels within the transform tha I have written, similar to mft_grayscale.dll

But any file-write operation I try produces an absolute nothing!

Friday, March 1, 2013 1:38 AM