In case of OTF testing is there any way to stop testing when the first error encountered? RRS feed

• Question

• In case of OTF testing is there any way to stop testing when the first error encountered?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

• Edited by RachidP Sunday, September 11, 2011 8:33 AM
    Sunday, September 11, 2011 8:32 AM

Answers

• Thanks for your suggestion, I have added this to our feature backlog. Would you mind makring my reply as answer?
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 2:08 AM

All replies

• Hi RachidP,

Unfortunately defining a switch to stop OTF testing when the first "error" occurs is not implemented by current version of Spec Explorer yet. We considered using switch "StopAtError" for this purpose, but we are not quite sure about users' actual meaning of "error" since there are "Failed', "Inconclusive", and "Error" in test result which may both represent "error".

Could you help clarify what kind of error you are referencing to here so that we can improve user story for this and consider taking it in out next release? Do you want to stop OTF testing when model exploration encounter error state, or conformance failure of a test case, or both?

Thanks!

Junfeng Dai

• Proposed as answer by Junfeng Dai Thursday, September 15, 2011 2:05 AM
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 2:05 AM
  • Hi Junfeng,

My intention was to stop system during conformance testing. indeed it would be fine if it is configurable. A proposal can be as following:

Switch

Possible Values (Default Value Bold)

Description

TCG

OTF

ConformanceTestStopAtError

None, Failed, Inconclusive, Error

Specifies whether conformance testing should stop at the first error encountered (error can be "Failed', "Inconclusive" or "Error")

X

X

Best  regards,

Rachid

• Edited by RachidP Thursday, September 15, 2011 6:46 PM
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 6:45 PM
  • Thanks for your suggestion, I have added this to our feature backlog. Would you mind makring my reply as answer?
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 2:08 AM