Not able to connect to local Reporting Services RRS feed

• Question

• User246057125 posted

I have two SQL Server instances installed: 2008 R2 and 2008.

The instance name of the latter is: MyPC\SQLServer2008.

I want to connect to the Reporting Services of this instance. Whenever I try to deploy the report from Business Development Studio, it asks for login credentials. I want it to connect using Windows authentication.

Even after entering my Windows Server username and password, it is not connecting. Nor it is recognizing the 'sa' user and password.

How to make it connect using the Windows authentication?

Thursday, June 7, 2012 3:30 AM

All replies

• User-96295490 posted

Hi,

Try configuring the through Configuration Tools - > Reporting service configuration manager from your programs.

Once you open that go to service account and check use built in account and change it to Network service.

Regards,

Anish

"Mark as answer if this post helps you it might help others also"

Monday, August 6, 2012 4:48 AM
  • User2105670541 posted

ohh dear,

First check whether reporting services are configured in your system or not, to do this just go to the Reporting Services configuration Manager in your start menu>>Programs>> sql server<version>, then you need to pass the machine credentials you are logged into. Or you can create a seperate user in your machine and give permissions to this user to access Reporting services.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 1:03 AM
  • User1196771204 posted

hi rpk2006,

Please try to use Repoting Service Configuration Manager to configure your report URL and report Manager URL. Please try to browse to these 2 URLs via the Reporting Service Configuration Manager first. Can you do it? If it is not working, clearly there is something wrong with the SSRS setup

If it works, you should not have problem to connect via your site either

Please mark this response as an "answer" if it helps you. Thanks heaps! 

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 3:16 AM