Low battery life, goes into sleep, then hibernation, then upon boot up again display looks pixalted and gives me the ":(" screen

General discussion

• So my computer ran down to 8% battery life...so im think thats fine ill charge it in the morning. So i plug it in next morning and i went to boot it up and it gave me the ":(" screen and the error was "DISPLAY_DRIVER_HANDLER". The display looked like it was in 240P resolution like a very bad youtube video.

Any suggestions on to why this happened?

I love testing out very buggy systems. Favorite OS: Windows Whistler. Consoles: Xbox 360, Wii, PSP, Gamecube, PC
    Friday, September 23, 2011 1:06 PM

All replies

• Do you have switchable graphics?

Maybe because it's plugged in, it's using your GPU rather than Intel graphics. Your drivers may be broken for your GPU. Try booting while running on battery.

Friday, September 23, 2011 2:43 PM
  • Do you have switchable graphics?

Maybe because it's plugged in, it's using your GPU rather than Intel graphics. Your drivers may be broken for your GPU. Try booting while running on battery.

i booted up without it plugged in the past and i had no problem. This is the first time i was using it till my battery died
    I love testing out very buggy systems. Favorite OS: Windows Whistler. Consoles: Xbox 360, Wii, PSP, Gamecube, PC
    Friday, September 23, 2011 2:55 PM