Requirements of Single Instance SLA RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I know Azure now offers 99.9% SLA on single instance of virtual machine provided you meet some requirements. The requirements I believe are you must use premium storage (SSD) for all drives.

Does this means using a DS* series VM fulfills this requirement and as long as any extra disk I attach to that VM is also SSD, I am covered with that SLA?

Thanks, Piyush

Piyush Gupta

Tuesday, June 6, 2017 8:45 AM

Answers

• For any Single Instance Virtual Machine using premium storage for all Operating System Disks and Data Disks, we guarantee you will have Virtual Machine Connectivity of at least 99.9%

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/support/legal/sla/virtual-machines/v1_6/

Mustafa Toroman, Azure MVP

Tuesday, June 6, 2017 2:00 PM
  • In addition to Mustafa’s reply: Yes, you are covered with that SLA if you are using a DS* series VM that fulfills this requirement as long as any extra disk you attach to that VM is also SSD.

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members

Tuesday, June 6, 2017 2:32 PM

All replies

• For any Single Instance Virtual Machine using premium storage for all Operating System Disks and Data Disks, we guarantee you will have Virtual Machine Connectivity of at least 99.9%

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/support/legal/sla/virtual-machines/v1_6/

Mustafa Toroman, Azure MVP

Tuesday, June 6, 2017 2:00 PM
  • In addition to Mustafa’s reply: Yes, you are covered with that SLA if you are using a DS* series VM that fulfills this requirement as long as any extra disk you attach to that VM is also SSD.

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members

Tuesday, June 6, 2017 2:32 PM
  • Hi Sam, Piyush,

Having read the SLA information, for a single instance VM with Premium Storage the SLA is reduce to 99.9% which amounts to a potential downtime of 8h and 45 mins per year.

Can you tell me how much notice do we get from MSFT for planned maintenance (as I suspect the downtime above is primarily due to maintenance carried out)?

Thanks,

Wednesday, July 5, 2017 9:28 AM
  • During planned maintenance outages for VM's warnings are sent to customers when Azure is about to be updated. Notification sent at least 30 days before the impact.

Both pre-emptive maintenance and scheduled maintenance phases begin with a notification. Expect to receive a single notification per Azure subscription. The notification is sent to the subscription’s admin and co-admin by default. You can also configure the audience for the maintenance notification.

For more information refer this article.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community member

Wednesday, July 5, 2017 10:42 AM